The smartCRUTCH is patented modular design which distributes your body weight through your forearm, releasing pressure and pain from your hands, wrists, underarms and shoulders
Fully adjustable, it can be used comfortably as both a platform or forearm crutch.
Innovation | Comfort | Affordability | Independence | Freedom
smartCRUTCH™ is a fully adjustable crutch that has been designed by a patient who was subjected to a protracted convalescence following an achilles rupture then a re-rupture following conservative treatment in a plaster cast. The morbidity and discomfort the patient experienced on conventional crutches, led the patient to design the smartCRUTCH™.
An assessor trialled the SmartCRUTCH™ during a 7-week convalescence following knee surgery that required partial weight bearing, he used the smartCRUTCH™ to travel to the UK, traveling both by air and rail while also using public transport for a period of 4 weeks, all with ease when compared with the traditional crutches.
New Type Of Crutches
Demo for Non-Weight Bearing Use
smartCRUTCH™ is the alternative forearm weight bearing crutches for easy everyday use and offers the user a quality of life and tremendous comfort with fully adjustable weight bearing settings, and feet, which mold to the undulating ground surface.
Spending time on crutches is stressful and demanding on the everyday life-style. No one needs the pain, frustration and discomfort of traditional crutches.
The smartCRUTCH™ team has developed a new vibrant and exciting generation of crutch with the user’s lifestyle in mind.
The revolutionary new ergonomic design transforms your quality of life and offers unprecedented comfort.
- Ergonomically designed grips provide natural wrist angle and an even load across the palm
- 15 to 90 degree forearmplatform settings to meet personal comfort and mobility requirements
- Locking spine allows for secure rotational angle settings
- 3-point forearm length settings for additional customisation
- 10-position push-pin height adjustment (Height range is between 4’8″ to 6’7″)
- Hourglass-shaped foot design maximizes surface contact
- Shock absorption built into the design of the specialised ferrule and cuff memory foam
- Transfer of weight to forearms result in less fatigued injury prevention
- Less pressure on hands reduces pain, discomfort or blistering
- Mitigates the potential of pinched or damaged nerves.
- Improves posture and gait resulting in less pain or fatigue.
- Allows freedom of hands while still providing support.
- Easier to navigate while ascending stairs.
- A variety of colours to suit personal style.
smartCRUTCH specifications & limitations
The smartCRUTCH™ allows pressure distribution for maximum comfort with a six-fold reduction in pressure per square centimetre (0.5kg/cm2) in the average male.
The smartCRUTCH™ distributes the weight over as large a surface area as possible, thereby providing much less strain on the hands and wrists.
|Weight of Single Crutch:||990 grams|
|Packaging Size:||82 cm x 22 cm x 13 cm|
|Crutch Leg Minimum Height Adjustment:||80 cm|
|Crutch Leg Maximum Height Adjustment:||120 cm|
|Weight Limitation:||120 kg|
|Adjustment Increments:||30 mm|
|Forearm Adjustment Range:||27 cm to 36 cm|
|Outside Diameter of lower pole:||21.6 mm|
|Inside Diameter of upper pole:||22.16 mm|
smartCRUTCH is your assisted means for your Mobility and Freedom
Whether you are recovering from a short term or long term injury, or suffer from mobility issues as a result any of;
- Guillain Barre Syndrome,
- Multiple Sclerosis,
- Hip or knee replacement,
- Rheumatoid Arthritis,
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome,
- Permanent Users,
- Achilles Tendon injuries,
- Broken Lower limbs, fractures or injuries.
smartCRUTCH’s are really for you!
They are by far the most comfortable forearm crutches on the market; and they look really cool, plus smartCrutch’s are available in a range of colours.
The unique design of smartCRUTCH™ enables you to spread your weight over the whole of your forearm which releases the pressure and pain from under the arms, the hands and wrists.
The versatility of smartCRUTCH™ is truly amazing!
- smartCRUTCH is engineered with Robust and durable materials, only weighing 990 grams per crutch.
- It’s ergonomic handgrips are designed to suit the natural wrist and hand positions in a neutral state on both the Left and Right hand smartCRUTCH.
- The adjustable forearm brace allows individual setting to suite ones own comfort requirements.
- The forearm platform is supplied with a layer of Memory foam for maximum comfort.
- The adjustable leg length allows for your required height.
- The crutch ferrules are unique in design, allowing the rubber to angulate in all directions during weight transfer to the ground. The crutch ferrules ensures horizontal adherence of the non-skid flat tread to the ground at all times.
smartCRUTCH Specifications and Design
- Forearm platform foam padding – Memory Foam for long lasting comfort.
- Pressure reduced by up to six times per square centimeter (0.5kg/cm2).
- Hourglass-shaped crutch ferrules design, maximizes surface contact.
- Adjustment Range of the forearm: 270 mm to 300 mm.
- Forearm length settings: 3 increments.
- Forearm platform adjusted from 15° to a 90°.
- Height adjustment: 10 positions.
- Adult Size Range 1.524 meters – 1.930 meters (Adult Size Range 5’ – 6’4”).
- Height Adjustment standard leg: Maximum: 120cm
- Height Adjustment standard leg: Minimum: 80 cm.
- Weight Bearing Limitation – 120 Kg.
- Crutch weight (single crutch) – 990 grams.
CONVENTIONAL CRUTCH vs smartCRUTCH® COMPARISONS
Conventional Axillary Crutches
Pressure on axilla (armpit)
- Nerve Impingement or Damage.
- Pain & inflammation.
- Damage to joints.
Pressure on palms of hands
- Excessive pressure causing blistering/callusing.
Requires the ability to grip
- Use limitation.
Shock transmitted through the body with every step
- No effective suspension mechanism to minimize the effect of jolts.
smartCRUTCH® Modular Design
Allows even weight distribution for maximum comfort
- Maximizes comfort through even distribution on hands, wrists and forearms.
- Spreads load over larger surface area minimizing pressure.
- Fully adjustable to meet personal comfort and mobility requirements.
Ergonomically design grips
- Enhances comfort and maximizes load displacement.
- Grips are offset 7° to ensure stability and comfort.
- Specifically designed left and right hand grips.
Fully adjustable, modular design
- User variation and customization.
- 3 point forearm length settings.
- Hourglass-shaped foot maximizes surface contact.